Enrique J. Polanco
b. 1989 (Caracas, Venezuela)
Assembling, carving and shaping
exploring a material -and its qualities.
Its coming to reality.
Only making the work is the making of a work.
A witness of time spent doing it,
now, spirited through its making,
A new object that, hopefully, acts on many a sense,
And sometimes, causes a novel feeling or situation,
For the benefit both on the “User” or consumer- and for the Author,
more in a therapeuthic way
Not ever solely figurative neither ever completely abstract,
my work is representative of both:
-naïve and aestethic,
primitive and modern-
if showed in a simple way.
I intend my work to face:
And its strangeness,
from a layman’s point of view.
Was exhibited in:
-"9 Sculptures (Fell in a forest)", Breezeway Art Space, Queens, New York, 2017.
- Sculpture Space NYC Open Studios, Queens, New York, 2016.
- SVA Sculpture Installation and New Media Residency Open Studios, S.V.A. New York, 2015.
- Octubre Joven. Museo Jesus Soto. Ciudad Bolívar, Venezuela. 2015.
- Prácticas vs. Teoréticas. Fundación Cultural La Pizarra. Caracas. 2014.
- Jazz. Fundación Cultural El Hatillo. Caracas. 2014.
- Universidad Central de Venezuela, Escuela de Arquitectura Carlos Raúl Villanueva. Caracas, Venezuela. 2008-2014.
- Metal Workshop. S.V.A., NYC. 2014.
- Printmaking Workshop. S.V.A., NYC. 2014.